Home security in Phoenix is one thing which doesn’t get its due, even when we hear not so good experiences on TV, newspaper and through word of mouth.
There are 3 common misconceptions for the above statement.
- Only homes of upper middle class people are targeted.
- Home security costs a large amount of money.
- Only techno savvy people can maintain home security systems likes security cameras, motion sensors and alarm systems.
One thing about globalization which we all like is that it has helped accessibility of life saving systems. One question which many of us ask about security is – is it worth the investment? First of all, like what people assume, it doesn’t cost a fortune and secondly with all due to monetary calculations, the advantages of home security and surveillance seem mammoth compared to its disadvantages. The whole idea is to feel safe and secure.
Apart from these 2 important factors, security fitted houses have a higher resale value. People buying a home would prefer such homes even if they cost more. Home insurance also reduces to a considerable extent if you install a home security system. You may think that you don’t have any valuables at your place, so why should I invest on such things? Always remember, your definition of ‘valuables’ and a burglar’s definition of ‘valuables’ is different.
All in all, the best way towards peace of mind is to install a home security system rather than cry over spilled milk.
What to Look For in Home Security Camera Systems in Phoenix?
Laser home security alarms, which create beams of laser light, can be installed either around your homes exterior perimeter or in your homes' interior rooms. If installed on your home's exterior, the alarms can be positioned at set intervals high enough above ground level to give your home's perimeter complete protecting from intruders by sounding an alarm when the beam of light is penetrated.
Exterior Laser Home Security
Laser home security perimeter alarms are among the most costly home security equipment available, but are popular because they can be concealed beneath the homes shrubbery and are easy to arm and disarm. They will neither harm the lawn or other landscaping around a home, nor damage any lawn ornaments or furniture.
Most laser home security systems come with a one-year warranty on parts and labor, which will be upgraded to a lifetime warranty for those who use the monitoring systems. And they have backup batteries which keep them functional even during power failures.
Home Security Monitoring System - Is it Worth It?
A home alarm system can certainly alert you and the local authorities that an intruder is attempting to break into your home. This same alarm will hopefully scare off the intruder; never to return. However, there are a handful of other measures to take to prevent intruders regardless of whether you have a home alarm system installed or not.
- It seems obvious, but it can't hurt to re-state the importance of locking your doors when you leave your home or go to bed at night. Even if you live in what you would consider a "safe area", you just never know.
- Avoid keeping spare keys under mats, on top of door frames, in planters, or in your mailbox. These are the first places an intruder might look. Find a more secure hiding spot or better yet give to a neighbor to hang on to for you.
- Store in a shed or the garage ladders or outdoor furniture that can be used to access top floor windows. Intruders know that often second floor windows are left unlocked and if it is easy to get up to them, they will.
- Keep the shrubbery and trees along the foundation of your home cut short and thinned. Make it so not one bush can be used to hide a person easily.
- Organize a neighborhood watch program in your community. These programs can make a significant impact on reducing crime and fear in your area.